Wednesday 10 September 2003

Sunday, 3rd August Ooops @ Ojirogawa

I have been in Japan over a week now, although it feels more than that I think. I arrived on Sunday in Tokyo, the day when all of the Group A JETs [Japan English Teachers] from all over the world filtered in to two/three central hotels and scurried around overcome by jet lag. Yesterday a group of us went hiking up this huge steep waterfall-it was amazing. The downside to the story is that when I stupidly-against my instincts, under peer pressure attempted to jump from this rock in to the pool beneath, i winded myself and open my eyes to find out I couldn’t see!! For those who know me well-my nickname 'Grandma' [NO not because I am boring co I am not :P] suits me well because I have awfully bad eyesight [-10]!! YES. So I had to climb up and down [totally unable to see anything but blurriness past my arms] these huge steep mountains. Well, I guess the moral to the event is FOLLOW your INSTINCTS and Don't Jump cos people tell you to!!

No comments: