Thursday 25 September 2003

Just Thinking........a rainy afternoon in september...

I have finished for the day and am just thinking....

Everybody here is so cool - some really wicked friends-it's amazing-we are all from different places and backgrounds, yet click really well!!

I hate to admit it but there are some 'maybe not so good' experiences...

The whole lets eat and cook every creature that walks and hide it in anything edible' really is a frustrating issue for me.

But MUM if you are reading this thank you so much for forcing me to take my spices even though I did think it was a ridiculous suggestion back in England! Mums do know best!

And on a positive note...
Other than that, I love it here, the view from my balcony, the people, kids and culture are all so welcoming and already I feel I have picked up some mannerisms to take home with me. The best examples will be the Reflex-Head-Nod and bowing and not being so assertive I.E. adding 'maybe'...'it is better this way'...! So respectful - the Japanese!

I have ticked of quite a few of my 'To Do List' that I had in my head before I came here like visit Kyoto, go Sumo Wrestling, Climb Mount Fuji, but there are many more things to add as I learn from my Japanese friends. One that I didn't anticipate was experience an earthquake...which was absolutely surreal even though it was minor!

No comments: