Sunday 4 July 2004

Pink Lady!!

Tsuru High School Festival
Saturday 3rd July, Kaori Sensei and I transformed in to the Pink Ladys and sung to an audience of 1000 peeps!!

A well known pop duo from the 70's, most famous for songs UFO and Southpaw, the Pinky Twosome are known to don wacky pink outfits such as hotpants and such.....but we kept it quite modest.

The orchestra had just finished playing for Kyoto Sensei and now it was our turn. With just a couple of days in between lessons to practice the dance moves, but with the song words firmly glued in our minds, we stepped up on to the stage!

The act was a surprise for the students, and the crowd were a furor. Energy had been so high so far and thank goodness that it was maintained for us too.

We sung and the crowd surged forward and the genki 3rd years and audience were all stood up bouncing around insync with the performance. It was such a cool feeling and I'm glad to say they looked like they were enjoying it!

Towards the end, they all ran forward to the edge of the stage and grabbed my hand! I felt like I was actually famous for those few minutes! I in true buzz mode slung my pink visor out to the crowd to finish it off!

It was cool to get good 'street cred' at school because they enjoyed it so much! Respect! LOL...

I'm dreading to see the video though!

No comments: